Sunday, March 18, 2012

The REAL March Madness


It's that time of year again -- college basketball fans are doing things with brackets (not entirely sure what, to be honest) and I'm losing my mind. February and March are the worst months to live in the Pacific Northwest. It's the time of year where you can't even remember what warmth and sunshine feel like. It's the time of year when the gray drizzle outside just make you want to put on your gray sweats, flop on the couch and do nothing (as I'm wearing and doing now). And this is from a native.

And, now that I'm a mom, it's the time of year where I feel like I'll go insane if I have to play one more game of indoor hide-and-go seek. Honestly, there are only so many places one can hide in a house... To top it off, my daughter's been sick for the past week, so we've been housebound. No preschool, no Little Gym, no St. Patrick's Day party at a friend's house. Nope, just us, a few puzzles, board games, books and TV. If the weather wasn't depressing enough, too many episodes of Dora the Explorer have definitely done the trick. (Does anyone else wonder if she's the reason behind the increase in anti-immigration sentiment in this country? Hearing her inanely prattle on about big, gooey geysers makes me wonder if a big fence isn't such a bad idea, after all.) In an effort to break up the monotony, my kids have begun finding new and inventive ways to be naughty. I can't entirely blame them, a lack of vitamin D will do that to a person, but it's making this long slog longer and sloggier for me. Is anyone else going through this as well?

P.S. Gene Kelly - You can sing about it and dance in it all you like, I'm done with the rain.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...