Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Plea to Emily Post


Firstly, I am convinced that Clyde has somehow watched the food fight scene from Animal House. It's the only logical explanation for his food-throwing tendencies at the table.
Secondly, I'm tired of frat-house style dining in my suburban home. I would like to instill some better manners around the table at our house. Nothing crazy, just a little basic civility. I'm not talking elbows off the table or napkins folded neatly on laps - that would be like someone on food stamps holding out for a six-figure managerial position.
No, all I ask is that people not signal they're finished with their meal by dumping the remainder of the food on the floor. Not throwing undesirable food across the table and/or room would also be a welcome treat. An end to the waving of empty sippy cups in my face with nothing more but an expectant look would also be a step in the right direction. Please tell me my children aren't the only ones who were born with these terrible manners...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...